If you’re staying in Milan for a few days you can combine your city discovery with full Day Trips from Milan to the surroundings.
Around Milan you can find incredible sights and lots of leisure options. Just leave the city by high speed trains. Less than two hours in transit and you get to amazing lakes, picturesque cities and small villages. Here is a list of suggestions for great full Day Trips from Milan.
- Lake Como. The ideal destination for those who want to spend an unforgettable day in contact with nature, culture, art and local traditions. Como is full of awesome wonders and its lovely lake is a top choice for relaxing and enjoying stunning views while cruising. Bellagio and Varenna are must-see stops.
- Lake Maggiore. Partly shared with Switzerland, the lake is ringed by snowcapped mountains and lined with exotic gardens and lovely villas. Stresa is a nice resort town, perfect handy base from which to explore the magical Borromean Islands in the middle of the lake, home to incredible scenic settings.
- Lake Lugano. Bring your passport (you’ll cross the Italian borders) and tour the charming Lugano, swiss but Italian-speaking town. Marvel at the majestic mountains around, soak up the sights, and check out the lakeside views. Then browse the local shops for Swiss chocolate, fine luxury goods and clothes before heading back to Milan.
- Bergamo. Ride the funicular and visit the old city center, high on the hill overlooking the modern city, the so called Città Alta (High City). With medieval streets and buildings and 17th century walls surrounding it that are still intact, Bergamo is a scenic town, as well as a must-see spot for lovers of architecture, mountain scenery and unparalleled vistas.
- Mantua. The old city-center is a UNESCO site, full of impressive Renaissance architectures. You can also experience a magnificent cruise on the river that crosses the city. While on board, you can admire the impressive city skyline and the panoramic views of its green landscapes.
Contact us and ask where to get around Milan. There is a lot to see nearby!