The best art shows to look forward to in the new year: the unmissable exhibitions in Milan 2018!
On December 2017, at Palazzo Reale, the new season calendar of art exhibitions in Milan 2018 was finally unveiled. The mayor Giuseppe Sala underlined that masterpieces of Great Masters will be on display, of course. But you’ll also find pieces of different cultures from all over the world in the several museums of the city.
Therefore, this is our handy collection of all the big, fascinating art exhibitions coming to town in 2018.
- Frida Kahlo, beyond the Myth (at Mudec, Museum of Cultures, from February 1st to June 3rd);
- Albrecht Dürer and the Renaissance between Germany and Italy (at Palazzo Reale, from February 21st to June 24th);
- Paul Klee and the primitivism (at Mudec, from September 26th 2018 to January 2019);
- Pablo Picasso and the Ancient Myth (at Palazzo Reale, from October 2018 to February 2019).
- History of the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II (at Castello Sforzesco, until March);
- Brazilian artists (at Pac, from July 4th to September 9th);
- Milan during the Great War (at Palazzo Morando, March 15th to July 15th);
- “Corrente”, a Milanese cultural movement (at Museo del Novecento, November 2018 to March 2019);
- …and much much more!
No doubt, keep your eyes peeled and your paintbrush poised for as much art as your diary can handle!
As for the anticipations for 2019, in addition to the celebrations for the 500th anniversary of the death of Leonardo da Vinci, Milan will host exhibitions of big names like Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres (at Palazzo Reale from February 22nd to June 16th 2019), Giorgio De Chirico (also at Palazzo Reale, September 2019-January 2020) and Filippo De Pisis (at the Museo del Novecento, September 2019-March 2020).
So, want to do some planning ahead? Come and set your private tour of the best exhibitions in Milan 2018. Get in touch 🙂